This week. Whoa. It's kinda getting to the point where I'm sick of talking about it, sick of thinking about it and sick of packing...I JUST WANT TO GO! I feel as if this trip has been a long time coming in some ways. I remember sitting at a SCC concert maybe senior year of high school and hearing about this new organization Shaohannah's Hope. Definitely something that I wanted to be a part of, but little did I know 6 years later that would mean me flying to China with 19 strangers. Don't get my wrong, I'm pumped and I wouldn't change a thing for the world...it just still doesn't quite feel real. I wonder when it will feel real.
I'm trying hard to listen for God this week. I'm not sure what I'm listening for, but I'm listening. I've also been thinking about how processing will go for this trip. I pray I have the time and strength to process once I'm home. I think one of the things I'm most anxious about is how I'll feel, what I'll learn and what I'll bring home with me. This trip isn't just for me, it's for my family and those who love and support me. What will I bring home for them? How will they see God through me? I guess I can't put pressue on myself, so to speak, but I'd be fooling myself if I thought this trip was for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment