Whoa...10 days until I leave!
I have finished about 99% of my shopping for things like electrical converters, work clothes that I can leave at the orphanages, and extra Pepto! Maybe I'll start to actually pack it all soon.
It's getting to be quite surreal that I will be seeing these amazing places up close and personal, like, The Great Wall, The Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square, Hope Healing Home, Maria's Big House of Hope and Bethel Training Center for the Blind, just to name a few.
I've been thinking a lot lately about why. Why am I going on this trip? There is no doubt that God is calling me, that's why I'm going. So more specifically, why is He calling me to go? I'm obviously not adopting now, and I may never. I wonder if this trip, and possibly future trips, will be my way to care for orphans as He instructs in James 1:27. God has given me a burden for these little ones, these precious children of His.
Part of my believes, too, that I may not know now, in 10 days or in a month why God has called me to serve in China. I may not know for many years, but I am looking forward to meeting others who have been called and living out the adventure that has been laid before me.
No comments:
Post a Comment