Praise the LORD, my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name.
Praise the LORD, my soul, and forget not all his benefits— Psalm 103:1-2 NIV
Guess what? Pregnancy brain is a real thing. Just ask my husband. Oh my goodness.
We joke about it, but for me, it's been frustrating and a little embarrassing to not function like I'm used to. Within the last week or so, I feel like it's even been affecting my spiritual life. I consider myself a thoughtful person, one who enjoys thinking about God and His Word. For the life of me, I don't feel like I can thread a deep thought about God (or anything for that matter). I'm in the Word, but truth be told, I'm really just reading words. I'm not letting it speak to me as I should. I'm not concentrating on it. I recently finished reading through the New Testament and found myself longing for the prayers and praises found in Psalms, so that's where am I now in my daily reading.
Along with longing for a thought, I've found myself longing for praise and worship time. Due to several circumstances, I haven't been able to sit through an entire church service in several weeks. I've missed our worship time very much. I know you don't have to attend corporate worship to praise God, but when that piece is missing, I do feel it. Today, as we sang "I'm desperate for you...," I could not keep my hands down. It felt so good to slow down and sit and think about God.
That's my goal for the next few weeks. It may or may not be realistic, but honestly, I can't think of any better way to prepare for the birth and homecoming of my little girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment