Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Building Complete


I can't stop looking at this picture.  Here is the completed Children's Welfare Institute in Luoyang, China, built just in front of Maria's (see the blue building in the distance?).  Here's what the building looked like in 2009:


And in 2011 (the playground is part of Maria's):

My stomach turned a little when I saw the finished building.  It looks very glorified, don't you think?  A woman much wiser than myself pointed out the "castle" structures (top picture, left) outside the new orphanage and how appropriate that truly is, as the children inside are His princes and princesses, whether they know it or not.  I pray His love and truth stretches beyond the blue walls and fills this new home.  I remember asking God what He is doing when I first visited this little corner of the world.  There is Maria's, a prison, a "homeless shelter" and there was the beginning of a new state-run orphanage.  You have the orphan, widow, poor and suffering all in one little area.  God I pray for mighty things to happen.  How will you use the staff and mission of Maria's to reach others?  You can make big things happen.  I ask and trust you will.

Will you pray with me?




No comments:

Post a Comment