Monday, May 20, 2013

Memory Verse #10

I am praying to you because I know you will answer, O God. Bend down and listen as I pray. 
Psalm 17:6, NLT

And another promise for this second verse of May.  I'm not very good at keeping secrets. However, I have come to LOVE the idea that God Almighty has many secrets.  A few years ago I would have admitted that I wish God hired sky-writers to tell us His plan in the midst of trouble.  "I trust," I would say, "I just want to know what's going to happen."  Now, I am human.  There are times I still look for that sky-writer, but I rest in the beautiful unknown because it's not unknown to Him.  He holds all.  He knows all.  His answer may not have been mine.  His is better.  I desire His best. 

As each prayer, request and word of thanks leaves my lips, He hears each one, this I know.  He not only listens, He responds, or will respond, in due time.

So, go.  Pray.  Trust.  Smile.  Your answer is coming.  

No comments:

Post a Comment