Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Concrete Thinking

The sweetest and one of the quietest boys in my VBS class raised his hand when I asked for someone to say John 3:16 during a review game tonight. I secretly got really excited. He slowly responded, John 3:16...with a little confusion in his voice, like, that was a weird question for me to ask! My goodness, I love kids.

I am grateful for the gift of children. It is so fun to watch them absorb God's truths and begin to process His great grace and make it their own. Tonight, we talked gospel. Black. Red. White. Yellow. Green.

I can talk to kids so much easier than adults. I should treasure that gift, but I too often put myself down for my "Moses-like" communication skills otherwise.

I wish I could just be. Be confident in my gifts. Be confident in my body. Be confident in my words. Be confident in my relationships.

I wish I didn't spend so much time wishing...

My God is God of the Universe and here I obsess over a few pounds, a few bucks, a few minutes. He is in control and wants me to simply be the woman he created me in my mother's womb to be. I am His child. I CAN rest in that identity alone. I can trust God. With everything.

To God be the glory. Forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment