Sunday, July 14, 2013

Memory Verse #14

Before they call I will answer; while they are still speaking I will hear. Isaiah 65:24, NIV

Middle of July.  Wow.  

This verse reveals so many of our Mighty Savior's attributes.  He is all-knowing.  He is interested in us.  He delights in providing for His children.  He is involved in our lives.  He is available.  He is personal.

Here is another version of the verse (NLT): I will answer them before they even call to me. While they are still talking about their needs, I will go ahead and answer their prayers!

Even before we ask, He knows.  Even before we ask, He answers.  Talk about dependable.  I often lean toward believing that it's easier to do things on my own because other people don't follow through or do what they say they will do.  This verse blows any doubt that God won't follow through out of the water.  Not only that, but He knows our needs and our heart's desire before we do!

He also hears when we speak.  How often do you tune someone out because you know, or you think you know, what they are going to say?  God doesn't.  He delights in hearing from us.  He hangs on our every word because He said He would.  What a humbling lesson, too, while reading familiar Bible passages.  By God's grace, we may know a passage well, at least well enough to know the order the words appear on the page.  Do we tune out any chance of the Spirit's leading?  Maybe.  If the Creator of the universe can listen to us when He knows what's coming, can't we read His word with the same respect?  

I'm challenged.  

No comments:

Post a Comment